Honolulu – The Mazie for Hawaii Senate campaign today announced accepted debate and joint forum invitations for the primary election.
"I look forward to having a conversation with the people of Hawaii about my plans to help our families through these challenging times, protect Social Security and Medicare for our kupuna, strengthen our economy, and create a more sustainable future for our state," said Congresswoman Mazie Hirono, "I'm pleased that these debates and joint forums will include a neighbor island debate, and sponsorships by public radio and public television."
The events are:
- A hosted joint forum by the Oahu County Democrats in advance of the Hawaii Democratic State Convention on May 25th
- The Hawaii Lodging and Tourism Association on May 29th
- A debate hosted by the Maui AARP on June 12th
- A radio debate sponsored by Hawaii Public Radio on June 13th
- A televised candidate forum hosted by PBS Hawaii on June 14th
These debates and forums are in addition to Congresswoman Hirono's grassroots discussions and coffee hours with voters across Hawaii.